Monday, September 14, 2009

True Blood Season 2 Finale









Well, the Season 2 finale was aired earlier tonight. I am wondering what everyone thought of it. It's fresh and I won't give anything away just yet. I can't say that I'm too happy with where director Alan Ball is taking the character of Eric Northman. That is a true vampire. He knows his nature. He has made peace with what he is, but all in all he's not a bad guy.


I'm really getting tired of the black and white villain portrayal of Bill being the good guy and Eric being the big bad vampire. I'm not a bookie-well not exactly anyway- but in the Sookie Stackhouse novels Eric's character is much more multi-faceted then what they allow him to be on the HBO show True Blood. Alexander Skarsgard isn't the problem; it's the weak writing of Eric's TV show character.

This is not to say that all the book characters are better than the show characters because the book character of Godric was creepy and unmemorable, a pedophiliac child murderer. The TV Godric was mesmerizing! I hated to see him go. Allan Hyde was the actor that portrayed this version of Godric, and he's fresh out of film school, believe it or not! I hope to see him more in the future, maybe through flashbacks on the show. Even through all qualms I have with True Blood, I still think it's the most amazing thing on television today. I will suffer until next June!

No comments:

Post a Comment